What is a school management software or system?
A school management system is a software or application designed to automate a school operations. The system is also called a school management software or a school software (or school portal, if you will).
A school management system runs usually on a network – on an intranet within the school or on the internet such that it becomes a central point or hub for functional operations (modules) in a school.
The basic components that make up a school management software or application include at a minimum, a students record / database and a results management application.
Other modules which it can contain includes:
— a library application
— a fee/levy application
— a hostel application
— an accounting application for the school store
Benefits of deploying a school management system include:
1. Results management and Report Card generation.
3. Easy to use.
4. Session management — Promotions and new registrations.
5. Generates revenue.
6. Allows Parents to track results and progress.
7. A multi-school, multi-user application.
8. Robust – in functionality and user privileges.
9. Content Management control is in your hands. Eliminates the need to ship data to an offsite office for data
10. Reduces paper work and embraces a greener work environment.